Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Marketing Might Cause Security Nightmares



Are you caught up with they hype about the new Gaming-combined-Social Site marketing that is spreading like wild-fire?

I am - I'm IN ON IT for sure!

uVme is preparing to explode all over the Internet to combine Gaming with Social Marketing and I can't help but think that this combination can't go wrong. People are already fully engaged in these activities, showing no signs of stopping. uVme has just organized a way for people to actually PROFIT at the same time as they're having a great deal of FUN online.





Now, although I'm hyped up about this and have gained membership, myself, already with uVme, I think that engaging in these combined activities is also going to be somewhat of a security nightmare!

Why?

Well - we will see people logged in, constantly exchanging information online while they're gaming as well as chatting and using social marketing sites. People will log in for extended periods of time to sites geared for information exchange. These will be people logged in to sites for a long time while they're DISTRACTED COMPLETELY due to attention focused on games! How annoying will it be for your security software, if it flashes some minor warnings about cookies and certificates while you're busy trying to RULE THE WORLD or Shoot bad guys or do SPEED TRIVIA or other such games, which will require full gamer attention? How attractive will it seem to just lower your security settings 'just a little bit' so that you don't have any annoying alerts and such? Hmmm

Obviously, people are already doing this, however, these online behaviors will just increase. Sites such as uVme will spring up in greater numbers - sites geared for exchanges. Believe me, uVme seems like the ONLY revolutionary new Gaming-combined - Social Site at the moment and people are really REALLY fired-up and excited about uVme, but others will catch on very quickly to how uVme works. Other sites will spring forth and utilize methods of Social Sites and Gaming combined, too, and MILLIONS of people will be engaged in gaming/social activity soon.

Though I'm totally excited about this, I am stepping up my computer security already and changing my surfing and scanning habits. I hope that everyone else will, too.

I scan my system for viruses and malware immediately upon power-up now, and I also scan before I shut down. I know that many malware items and viruses can hide, then circulate at re-boot, so I scan every single day now during both operations.

No comments: